Job Description Finzly is seeking a System Engineer to create and maintain the next generation Finzly OS microservices based platform and support our existing Finzly Star platform. As the System Engineer, you will be collaborating with our R&D team to adopt to the tools they are building to deploy and support Finzly OS and FXStar applications. You will be working on monthly and quarterly deployments, helping production support team to troubleshoot production issues by providing necessary logs, taking database snapshot and loading them to lower environments. The ideal candidate must have experience in AWS hosting patterns including container/EC2 based hosting, be detail-oriented, possess strong business acumen, have strong communication skills, and be driven to succeed.
What we are looking for:
Passionate System Engineer with 3+ years of experience in managing deployments.
- Work closely with DevOps and production support teams.
- Regularly evaluate cloud applications and processes in PROD & DR.
- Handle planned and unplanned production deployments.
- Handle half-yearly DR tests.
- Experience in helping support and development teams in troubleshooting production issues.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum methodology team environment with a people-centered mindset with a desire to develop trust and credibility in the team.
- Experience in supporting AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Extensive experience in extracting necessary information from logs and databases to troubleshoot production issues
- Reasonable knowledge in running SQL queries.
- Good understanding in most common communication protocols – VPN, SFTP, HTTPS etc.
- Experience in AWS cloud services such as EC2, Security Groups, CloudFront, Cloud Watch, IAM, CloudFormation, CloudFront, S3, RDS, ECR, ECS, Docker, API Gateway, etc. (Kubernetes, Ansible, Chef, Puppet will be plus)
- Experience in Jenkins, Sonar, GitHub/GitLab
- Excellent UNIX/LINUX tools/utilities, scripting, and basic administration skills
- Familiar with both NoSQL (Mongo/Redis) and RDBM (MySQL/Oracle) systems
- BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience
How many years of work experience do you have using Amazon Web Services (AWS)? Ideal : 2
How many years of Unix/Unix Scripts experience? Ideal : 1
How many years of experience in deploying applications to AWS Production & DR? Ideal : 2